Why am I getting a blank screen when clicking the Get it @ ETSU button?
This is a caching issue related to your internet browser. To fix the problem clear out your cache from your internet browser. You can then perform a refresh on the blank page, or click on the Get it @ ETSU button again from the previous window.
As an alternative you can use private browsing (ex: Chrome Incognito Window) to prevent cache from being stored on your computer.
I'm looking for a specific book title. Where do I begin?
When doing a specific title search, it is recommend to use advanced search. In the advanced search screen, you can specify exactly what field to search in (title, author, subject). Be sure to choose "Books and E-Books" under material type.
Hint: If you do not find the book in OneSearch, our Interlibrary Loan service can attempt to find the book for you!
- Just click on the WorldCat logo and it will automatically preform a WorldCat search using the same query.
- If you find the title in WorldCat, you can then click on the Get it @ ETSU button, sign in, and request the book via ILL.
What is the difference between the Everything and Library Collection tabs?
The Everything tab finds items from Library Collections as well as many other electronic resources, including journal and newspaper articles, book chapters, books, reviews, legal documents, and much more.
- if you are are looking for a specific title, whether an article or a book
- want a combination of books, articles, ebooks, etc. on a topic.
- are just starting your research.
The Library Collections tab provides simple, catalog based searching for books, journals, media, and more. Many of these items (e-books, e-journals, films, and audio) are available online.
- Use “ETSU Libraries” or “NeSCC Libraries” to limit your search to items and electronic resources owned by a particular campus.
- Are you in a medical related discipline? Use the “ETSU Medical Collection” scope to easily find high-quality medical books, e-books, and journals.
- Search thousands of ETSU theses and dissertations using the “Digital Commons @ ETSU” scope.
What are the different request options?
In order to place a request, you must be signed into OneSearch. After you login, you will see similar buttons to the screenshot below depending upon the type of material.
- Use Get This at ETSU | NeSCC for items that are available at an ETSU or NeSCC library.
- Use ETSU Sherrod ILL or ETSU Medical ILL for articles and unavailable items. More information is provided during the request.
Why do I get "No full text available for your institution"?
OneSearch is a shared system between East Tennessee State University and Northeast State Community College. Electronic resources may exist that only one institution may have access to. If you get this message, this means the resource is not available for your institution.
If you are off-campus, you will be asked to sign into our off-campus proxy system before you get into OneSearch. Additionally, you can also sign into OneSearch for the most accurate availability.
Why do I see "Error Loading Tab" sometimes when clicking the View Online tab?
This error may be caused by:
- Your browser session may have timed out. This can happen if you leave a OneSearch page open for an extended period of time with no activity. You will need to redo the search in order to start a new session.
- OneSearch may have trouble communicating with our integrated library system. This may occur if OneSearch is experiencing a high amount of traffic from users. Refreshing your page normally resolves this situation.
What resources are included in OneSearch?
A list of resources included in OneSearch are available here: http://sherrod.etsu.edu/whats-in-onesearch