Also see our list of Sherrod Library Building Coordinators.
Charles C. Sherrod Library
Named in honor of Dr. Charles C. Sherrod, second president of East Tennessee State University, serving from 1925-1949.
- Completed: October 1998.
- Opened: January 1999.
- Size: 151,400 net square feet.
- Floors: Four floors above grade.
Group study rooms: 80 seats distributed among 14 rooms.
Individual study rooms:62 rooms, assigned and open.
Late Night Study(24hr): 89-seat area open 24 hours with vending machines, photocopier, and wired and wireless networking; accessible with an ETSU ID card.
- 52 Desktop computers (Mac's & PC's).
- 40 Laptop computers available to checkout.
- 2 self-service scanners.
- Color & B&W printing
- Wired & wireless networking
- Self-service checkout of books and media
Black Box DVD checkout available for students. Browse DVD titles on the self-service screen to view what is currently available for checkout.
Two MediaScape lounges located in rooms 212(Pictured) & 311.
The building design includes a main staircase in the center of the building.
The Quillen Congressional Office is a replica of the longtime U.S. Congressional Representative James H. Quillen's former Washington office. Located on the fourth floor of the library.
The Sherrod Library features an Einstein Bros Bagel shop on the first floor with fresh baked goods and coffee.
The building also houses the Archives of Appalachia and University Archives,the Center for Academic Achievement (CFAA),Academic Technology Support (ATS), and the Information Technology Services (ITS) help desk.
Sherrod Library is located on a corner of the campus bounded by Lake Street and J L Seehorn Jr Road, next to the D.P. Culp University Center. The building is oriented on a diagonal with the campus grid, forming four courts that harmonize with the surrounding natural setting.